Monday, December 13, 2004

Oh my goodness, we are so lucky...

So, in my email today I get this fetal development chart... and I look to see about how big dotcom is now and then take a glance over to see how much dotcom weighed when this whole bed rest thing went down... Dotcom has gained two whole kilos or about 4 pounds in these last 15 plus weeks of our life.

18 weeks
length crown to rump - 5.59 inches and weight - 6.70 ounces
(For my metric using friends that would be 14.2 cm and 190 grams respectively)

34 weeks
Length head to toe - 17.72 inches and weight 4.73 pounds
(metric - 45 cm and 2146 grams respectively)

The good news is - no contractions either last night or this morning... My last monitoring session will be next Monday morning. I am going to miss my nurse so much. Really, I think that having someone ask about me everyday was the best thing for my psyche. I have been so lucky in having great nurses throughout this experience. I am just hoping that the nurse I had when I had my surgery will still be at the hospital when I deliver.

Word of the Day for Monday December 13, 2004

aborning \uh-BOR-ning\, adverb:
While being produced or born.

adjective:
Being produced or born.

Early Morning Buddhist Inspiration from big happy buddha
December 13, 2004

When we feel the tentative passing of our days, life becomes all the more precious: the luminous gold of a sunset, the maple tree in autumn, the gaze of our beloved.
What you think upon [dotcom] grows...

Emails I received this morning, they just seemed fitting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That table of cookies made me very hungry.