Saturday, October 27, 2007

Home Tour 2007

I am exhausted.

But, exhausted in that way after a performance, where you are like a monkey in the jungle swinging through trees... in that I also feel amped up.

We helped the local historical society by putting our house on their tour.

It is an incredible experience to have so many strangers peek around your things, have a glimpse into your life.

I was fortunate enough to have some dear friends come over and help out by talking to people and pointing out the neat things about the house we live in.

But I am so freaky tired, and the Squink never got a nap because it is hard to put a kid down when there are lots of folks in the house... so we are winding down, mindless in front of the television set, not even sure of what we are watching.

Tags:
also posted over in the house blog, which rarely (uhmm, never)gets posts since folks started walking in randomly.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Wish that I was in town so I could a)help get your house ready. I'm sure it was a big chore to have so many people thru your house and b) check out your awesome digs! I bet the house showed beautifully.

Anonymous said...

I remember when we were on a home tour. It was exhausting and my house had never been that clean before, but it was nice to do and I think I would do it again some day. If anyone ever asked.