Friday, December 31, 2004

New Years Eve

We just got home from the hospital... No more oxygen nasal prongs!!! Chris got to feed him for the first time too! He is breathing room air, will get his "car seat test" (they have the babies sit in a car seat for at least an hour to see if they can do it without getting de-oxygenated) in a few hours, he is eating about 75cc's every four hours, has latched/nursed very well, is a NICU darling...

But... He is still a blili blanket bingo boy - and we (OK, the nurse) will check his bilirubin levels again at 3 am. So here is a little prayer for that to be a successful outcome!

No pictures tonight, sorry - I keep forgetting the camera in my haste to see him.

When my mother and I went to visit Josef this afternoon, it was so exciting because that is when I noticed he was at 30% oxygen with a 10% flow - and look at how much he has improved since 5:00 pm!!! My mom got to feed him, it is so nice to watch other people do this, as I strongly believe that the more people that love your child the better...

So, we still have no clue on his middle names - Chris and I think he needs at least three syllables.. But others have disagreed.. Any opinions out there?

My dad told me he would make him a turtle fetish for his umbilical cord - I am so thrilled about this. Since he has Cherokee blood from my dad's side and Delaware from my mom's (not to forget the time and devotion my great-great grandfather C.H. Ellis, MD gave to the tribes here in Arizona, the comments both are from him) - it will be most meaningful (to me anyway) to be able to have him have this token, and made by my dad no less...

1 comment:

Nettie said...

Hope you have a great new year, and that Josef comes home soon. As for the middle name, my only idea is to make sure he doesn't have funky initials....