Sunday, December 05, 2004

Oh dear, 6!

OK, so I had a serious lesson this morning.

I send/fax in my monitoring data every morning, in the transmission will be the morning session and the session from the night before.

My nurse called me about 30 minutes after I sent my data this morning and gave me the numbers. I was shocked to learn that I had six (6) contractions last night... this is my repeat limit! Meaning, that I should have downed a ton of water, peed and monitored again... Strange thing is... I never felt a thing. However, since I did not send the data in until this morning, and since I had not a clue it would be this high a number and this morning I had zero (0), I guess they will consider me as safe. What a shocker though.

Not a surprise though. To fight off the "starved for company feelings" I have, my mother recommended that we have a cookie decorating party... which I am very excited about but which has also turned in to somewhat of a stress factor since my mom (and co-planner) lives 0ver 100 miles away...

However, as my mom lectured me after my ominous phone call from the monitor nurse... I may be too much of a perfectionist, and that this "experience" (bed rest) is about me learning how to let go. The irony, I don't think I am a perfectionist about everything, but when hostessing... I would say I am. Also, when my mom is involved, I always feel like I have to rise to the occasion... so here is the real truth. I went shopping with her yesterday... not just to the grocery store, but also to the cake decorating shop, and to warehouse club store. She did not encourage me; I said I wanted to go. I am not entirely regretful as I have a wreath for my door, a tiny tree and a lovely poinsettia. Schatzy will not let me decorate the house for the holidays, since the baby might come and they would not get taken down for a while. There is a lot of truth in this, so I am not pulling out my boxes of decorations.

My price for this behaviour, I am not going to my nephew’s birthday party today, which in truth breaks my heart! I love that little boy so much and here I am at home alone, while everyone else is getting to watch him play and enjoy the day.

1 comment:

Nettie said...

Aw, I'm sorry you are having a rough time...but it will all be worth it in the end. Good luck with the cookies!