Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Die zauberflute

OK.
I have a huge smile on my face right now.
Squink likes opera!
All is well with the world. Of course I have only played him German ones, one Austrian to be more exact... Mozart to be exactly specific, The Magic Flute to be precise.

Dot was crying up a storm... I figured I would put the cd on and see how he liked the queen of the night aria... and he fell asleep in seconds.

O zittre nicht, mein lieber Sohn!
Du bist unschuldig, weise, fromm;
Ein Jüngling so wie du vermag am besten,
Dies tiefbetrübte Mutterherz zu trösten.


I also forgot to mention amidst all the excitement that schatz and I had terrible food poisoning from one of our favorite restaurants this weekend. Squink was an angel baby for his sick mommy...

I heard from Malcom (his mommy actually), Josef's first roommate. He is doing fantastic. He might (think WILL) get off his O2 very soon and then just have an apnea monitor! How wonderful.

1 comment:

Nettie said...

So opera works better than white noise huh? How cool! And I hope you are feeling better soon.