Friday, April 29, 2005

I am not dead, I am not sick, I am just busy...

Wow, I can't believe how time flies...

So, Josef is growing in leaps and bounds, it is hard to believe that a year ago I got pregnant, with my joking suspicion being that I got pregnant at prom. Josef, ironically, will be one of my dates at prom this year, as will my Schatzy. Yes, I plan to get prom pictures of the three of us. How many babies can say that their first professional pictures was taken at a dance...
I do hope that Josef has a good sense of humor!

Also, my in-laws and some friends have been visiting us for a while. Amazing how time consuming that can be... plus they seem to be under the idea that I speak German much better than I do... and that I understand their dialect to boot! In time I suppose.

I have been looking at a potential school for Josef that offers not only German, but Spanish in an immersion format and that also offers an international baccalaureate...
I may have found one (or rather mama Schatz may have), but I have not heard back from my email to the one Schatzy's mom found for us. I hope I did not delete it thinking it was spam.

My grandmother is in the hospital, she got a strep infection in her knee, which is very unusual. Well, when they tried to treat the infection, her kidneys shut down. She is doing well now and I had a nice two hour visit with her last night.
That is only the tip of the iceberg as far as what is going on, and why I have been sooooooooo absent... though I have checked up on my blog friends out there.


Josef with yet another gift of Austrian hand made candies for me.


Josef and his cousin Jacob.

4 comments:

Jordana said...

I like your prom picture. :) I remember some of your first prom pictures in that funky Carmen Miranda style dress.

George's school offers both Spanish and German from first grade on, which I think will be pretty nifty.

Blair said...

Oh how I loved that dress.
I think your grandmother gave it to your cousin. I was so jealous!

It is the same with the school here, but I can't seem to get a fix on what is happening, it looks like it may have been a merger of a French school with a German program.

I hope it is a true thing!

Jordana said...

I think that dress is living in the third floor at my parents' house. Probably in the storage closets off of "Blair's room." Bet you didn't know you still had a room, did you?

Blair said...

No I didn't know I still had a room there... how interesting life can be.

I remember taking it to your grandmothers house after the prom with leaded feet, trying to come up with a way to talk them into letting me keep it, or selling it to me... possibly even saying I accidentally ran over it with Putt-putt..

However, the first thing out of your grandmother's mouth as we were putting it in the closet and I was trying to get up enough nerve to ask was... "Don't you think Nicole will love it"?

My nerve went away and I smiled and said "I know she will" (and thinking I hope she doesn't)... I think I wore that one to another other dance too, the one where we went with your mom, I think for the people that lived behind you and were related to the Keatings...

Oh memories!