Sunday, July 10, 2005

Feel the burn...

For the first time in the last six months I felt able to start my Yoga again because so much time had passed (about a year now) I thought I would take it very easy and do the fully modified class so, guess what ended up hurting the most?

My feet...

intense pain...

The one thing I realized is that the pain I have been experiencing since I was able to walk again is not in the bones, though I imagine they are certainly affected, it is with the muscle there.

Sad...

I tried to keep my feet as strong as I could with some feet and ankle exercises. I often wrote out what I was writing for my blog with my feet (in the air folks, I am just not that talented... though I can mirror write with my hands when I put my mind to it) while on bed rest. Not that I would have done anything different, but this is something women, like me, who need to go on long term bedrest need to really know. I mean, I have had knee surgery that laid me up for a while, and forced me to spend six months on crutches. That, as awful as it was, was a piece of cupcake compared to this.

4 comments:

Nettie said...

OK, so it kinda defeats the purpose, but you should bake yourself something yummy to make you feel better. Least that's what I did.

Garry said...

I think Nettie has a good suggestion. Perhaps it might even be possible to persuade someone else to bake you something yummy. :o)

Garry said...

Ah, and I forgot to mention the interesting video link. I somehow feel better about the world for having watched it. Is there a story attached to it?

Blair said...

I think that is a great idea Nettie, though I like CH's proposition of having someone else make it for me...
as far as the video link, it makes me laugh or smile every time I watch it... I have now collected a huge number of weird/unusual/interesting links to put in the header that can amuse... uhm... at least me...

Just be glad I can't find the horror of Celine Dion imitating Michael Jackson... argh~ I would not do that to any one...
or would I