Friday, May 11, 2007

Eurovision 2007

My votes for Eurovision 2007 go to any of the following:

FRANCE
LES FATALS PICARDS - L'amour À La Française
They are just goofy and I love it, the absolute fave in my brain... who can go wrong with a vespa (wait, was it a vespa? I was laughing too hard)

PAIN
D'NASH - I Love You Mi Vida
They make American Boy Bands look like a bunch of thugs

ROMANIA
TODOMONDO - Liubi, Liubi, I Love You
Uhm, it just cracks me up - singing "I love you" in a gazillion euro-ways with floating planets, or is it humans floating among planets?

BULGARIA
Elitsa TODOROVA & Stoyan YANKOULOV - Water
I am just intrigued, not sure what else to say it is tribal and dark.

ARMENIA
Hayko - Anytime You Need
lip-sinking anyone? and ONLY for that reason... I kept trying to figure out what they were saying in the non-English version that was in the video... it made me want to make up things that they were "really saying".

MOLDOVA
Natalia BARBU - Fight
A pretty girl, a violin and a wanna-be 80's hair metal feel (must be the upcoming reunion that influenced this)


and after looking through the Semi-Finalists I think this group should have not been cut...
ANDORRA
ANONYMOUS - Salvem El Món
because they did a pretty good job of looking like an American Red Dead Day Surfers (yeah, that is a bunch of words from some of the American Bands that I think influenced them).

UPDATE: The winner is -
SERBIA
Marija ŠERIFOVIĆ - Molitva
It was a nice song, but had the feel of "just another dramatic ballad" so I did not even listen to the whole thing until the winner was announced... I still think it is just another dramatic ballad and further proof how how Europe has eclectic music taste very unlike ours here in America... only there could I hear a zippy Tom Jones-esque song right after the Ramones, and just before something like Perry Como... which I did. once. unforgettable
Tags:

No comments: