Monday, February 18, 2008

because I am a follower

a) Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more.

b) Find page 123.

c) Find the first 5 sentences and read them.

d) Post the next 3 sentences.

Light colored the sky and her body was as a dough of constantly changing tints. She took me. My body quivered as though feverish, then I fell.
Depending on how one counts sentences I could also add this very next one:

And it was a very long way.

Little Mountain by Elias Khoury - the latest in my quest to read myself around the world.

This book was a surprise, I have not read much literature from Arabic or Middle Eastern authors... the foreword was educational and very helpful in reading the novel and being able to understand some of the form in at least a cultural context.

This managed to get the sexiest part of the book, the rest is about the horrors in Beirut in the late 60's and 70's from the point of view of a fighter, a civil servant and an intellectual (he narrates the above section).

I am now looking for the next country... any ideas?

No comments: