Sunday, March 16, 2008

A book meme

From the lovely and talented author of The Sky Isn't Visible From Here, Felicia Sullivan.

On your nightstand now: Goodness gracious! Here they are, in no particular order:
The Scientists
The Dragon of Lonely Island
New Collected Poems (I got this from you Felicia)
The Intellectual Devotional
Vampire Brat
The Memory Keeper's DaughterNoddy: Look and learn Things That Go
The Amber Spyglass
The Sea of Monsters - I love this series!
Memoria De Mis Putas Tristes / Memories of My Melancholy Whores

Favorite book when you were a child: I loved a German book called Sarahs Zimmer, the illustrations were sublime (found out it was Sendak in trying to find a link to the book today). I also loved Kids Are Natural Cooks (mentioned before). I loved Madeline L'Engle as well.

Your top five authors: This changes... but I would definitely say that Moritz Thomsen and Wallace Stegner are among some authors I enjoy very much. I recently started reading Alain De Botton who is a bit clever (and loves Proust). I have always enjoyed Mark Leyner as well.

Book you’ve faked reading: not a one.

Books you are an evangelist for: Moritz's, They are good, darn good... go get one now!

Book you’ve bought for the cover: I do this all the time and the last two are probably Zorro by Isabel Allende and The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana by Umberto Eco.

Book that changed your life: D'Aulaires Greek Mythology.

Favorite line from a book: "Corn corn corn corn Stuckey's. Corn corn corn corn Stuckey's" in My Cousin, My Gastroenterologist by Mark Leyner.

Scene in a book that made you terrified of marriage: I can't think of one.

Book you most want to read again for the first time: A Wrinkle in Time (the whole series really).

No comments: