Tuesday, May 13, 2008

According to Esquire I am more man than most of the men I know. Explained.

In case you caught my random twitter... and were like WTH?

So, Tom Chiarella wrote this article for Esquire Magazne called The 75 Skills Every Man Should Master!

And I thought it was actually a very good article... but frankly I think he was describing your average mother. Some highlights below....

A Man Should Be Able To:

1. Give advice that matters in one sentence.
2. Tell if someone is lying.
3. Take a photo.
Now, most men have the ability to take a photo... yet most, however, have this freaky thing that forces them to take insane pictures of landscape and not their loved ones... women, naturaly know better... even if they don't understand light for poop...
20. Sew a button.
23. Be loyal.
28. Play go fish with a kid.
31. Make a bed.
34. Dress a wound.
40. Speak to an eight-year-old so he will hear.
43. Install: a disposal, an electronic thermostat, or a lighting fixture without asking for help.
44. Ask for help.
46. Tell a woman's dress size.
47. Recite one poem from memory.
48. Remove a stain.
49. Say no.
50. Fry an egg sunny-side up.
51. Build a campfire.
52. Step into a job no one wants to do.
54. Break up a fight.
59. Write a thank-you note.
60. Be brand loyal to at least one product.
61. Cook bacon.
62. Hold a baby.
63. Deliver a eulogy.
69. Tie a knot.
70. Shake hands.
71. Iron a shirt.
72. Stock an emergency bag for the car.
74. Know some birds.

Out of his whole list, there is only one thing I will give them, and not because I am not interested, but because IFF I am at a baseball game... I am usually doing something else from the list.

Additionally, I know of NO man on this planet truly able to say yes to same degree I am (or any mother I know for that matter) to these 75 things, but a few are close, though a few are waiting for me to teach them how to tie a bow tie.

How much of a man are you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, a friend recently delicious-ed this article, and I found it surprisingly charming: Men and Moms absolutely should share skills :)