Sunday, May 18, 2008

Austria Day 3 - Meet the Mayor(s)

Before I continue to regale y'all with more mis-adventures from the trip I just wanted to share that Squink is very conscious of his "carbon footprint". What this means is that he only eats the tomatoes that I manage to grow and not the ones I buy at the grocery store.

OK, so we return to Austria....

I manage to be woken up at about 10:30 or so with a loud knock... I still have not slept, but we (the royal one) are expecting guests, important one.

There was loads to do... however, I woke up after most of it was done. Here is Opa with the table set for 15 (I think).
Opa with the set table

Here, don't I look tired? At this point I had not slept worth a dime for 5 days.
tired, oh so tired.

Before I continue though, I must show you this gift basket that Schatz's parents got from Manfred, Agnes and Max... it was so cool. It had the most appealing culinary delights I have ever seen... but then, Manfred is a chef de cuisine... or something like that... all I can say is he is a damn fine cook!
the coolest gift basket ever.


Here is a picture of Agnes with Oma und Opa.
Opa, Agnes und Oma


This is Manfred. He is very tall. really tall.
DSC05262

[insert gratuitous Squink picture]
DSC05263

Myself with Max and Opa.
Looking tired, with Max und Opa

Still looking tired as we await their arrival.
still pretty tired but I manage to choo-choo spielen

The Mayor and his entourage arrive and chaos ensues... he came with the vice mayor, the town photographer and someone else whose role escapes me...
chaos ensues, the mayor arrives.

The mayor and vice mayor make a presentation to Oma und Opa. 50 years is a big deal over there too!
the presentation

Then it is the vice mayors turn to talk...
The vice mayor presents a gift basket


Here is the whole town crew.
the town honors oma und opa


Once they left we could relax and Max and Squink took to the TV.
Max and Squink

Or, Squink would want to choo choo spiel again.
more choo choo spielen

or he would give me a lecture on how to choo choo spielen correctly...
spielen

We had to drive to the town Chris grew up in in Austria the next morning and be there for mass which was at 8 or 9 a.m. so Schatz and I could meet Father Gregor before the baptism and wedding renewal masses... Again, I could not sleep. More on that soon.

No comments: