Sunday, June 22, 2008

another book review


A Voice for the Dead: A Forensic Investigator's Pursuit of the Truth in the Grave A Voice for the Dead: A Forensic Investigator's Pursuit of the Truth in the Grave by James Starrs


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
I am quite sure that should I ever have the chance to hear the author speak that one of the following would occur;

1) He would be as long winded as his writing style, or

2) He might prove to be more interesting that he comes across in his writings.



The stories were fascinating, but a bit long winded in parts... often clothed in what I perceived to be some sort of self aggrandizement. I kept being reminded of the Hemingway followers who go to the running of the bulls, grow a beard and end up trying to look like Ol' Papa H himself.



I think the best thing I can say is that I did not hate the book... for a topic I find fascinating... I only liked it enough.


View all my reviews.

No comments: