Thursday, February 05, 2009

A visit to the Queen Creek Olive Mill for Blake Makes Food Chain

So, here it is, my final version of my trip to the olive mill.

I sent an email asking if I could go there and do a film when I first heard I would be getting a camera and I did not hear back... I figured that they either did not get my email (think spam folder) or they were just to busy to reply. But I figured that this is some publicity and no one would ever say no to something like this... even in home video format!
I have been to this place once before and was so impressed by the facility... it has a great place for kids to run and play, it is outdoors, it has a restaurant and a store... it is my favorite kind of place to visit.

That and I love olive oil, a lot!

To say that I was not nervous would be an out and out lie... but I have made a promise to myself that these are the kind of challenges I would totally take on! After all, I don't want to be an old lady and end up saying "why didn't I do that video for olive oil"? If that happened, well, that would make me sad...

So, when Blake of BlakeMakes issued his invite to join the FoodChain... I had to say yes! I have loved his amazing ideas, he makes the most awesome dulce de leche (though I have been tempted to send him some of mine). He loves food, and has incredible and enviable marketing skills... I am a fan!

So, the camera arrived and I had to go out the next day and film as it would have been my only opportunity to do so for over a week.

Lesson learned though; do NOT drink a whole carafe of coffee (even if you are nervous) before going out to film with a hand held camera. Not to forget to mention that you should not drink that much coffee the first time you are using said camera! (that is a warning that I am a bit shaky in my filming).

In the end though, I had fun and have become addicted to the thought of doing this! What a marvelous thing technology is.. and for those considering buying the iFlip all I can say is GO FOR IT! it is an awesome and easy videoing machine!

So, from my Arizona home to yours, wherever it may be, I present my shaky, slightly informative and interesting tour of the Queen Creek Olive Mill!



A visit to the Queen Creek Olive Mill for Blake Makes Food Chain from Blair Necessities on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cool! One time on the spur of the moment I asked DC to drive from Portland to California's olive growing area -- but there was nothing like this. Is this place open year round, or just for a festival?

Anonymous said...

sounds awesome