Thursday, April 24, 2014

Dear Squink

My dear beautiful little boy -

I miss you! I can't even put in to words how much I miss you.

After you left, I couldn't clean your room because it smelled so much like you. Your sheets had sand all over them, and that made me miss you even more.

However, Nana came to visit and I could not let her stay in your room, so I removed and washed your sheets, and finally put your dirty clothes in the laundry. Your room doesn't smell as much like you as it did.

When Nana was here, we went and picked out a ton of new things for your room! You have a new desk and chair, new bed side tables and lamps. We bought you some art about Leonardo DaVinci and you have some new rugs and things in your bathroom.

I am picking out new paint for it too, and you will have such a wonderful space when you come back! I can't wait to show it to you, but I want for you to be surprised... so I will just show you this little bit, which you sorta already saw:



I am so excited about finally getting rid of that wallpaper!

So, I hope you are excited about coming back home! I worry that you won't want to, that you will love living in Austria so much that it will be better than living with us here in the United States.  I wonder if you miss anything here at all. What do you miss, kiddo? What are you excited about coming back to? Do you miss certain foods?

And then to follow up on that, what do you love about Austria? What are you going to miss from there when you come back?

Sweetness, I love you!

Love,

Mama

No comments: