Sunday, October 12, 2014

Day 11 - 40 Days of Writing - ten years ago my cervix failed me too

I realized that I have been blogging for 10 years, starting around this same time of year. There are earlier posts but those were after the fact. The linked one was my first and the one before it was an email I sent to friends on that day (he day I retroactively published it).

The huge irony is that it was about my cervix as well, granted in that case I also gained a son... instead of in this case where it is about losing my uterus.

It is ironic, I suppose... to have started this blog because I was in a dark place. Bed rest, as romantic as it may sound, was amazingly lonely and dark.

And now, these ten years later (almost to the day) coming here and writing again from another dark place, that has a very different feel to it... a deeper kind of vulnerability, perhaps.


Jean Jacques Henner - Solitude




No comments: