Sunday, July 31, 2005

I need to apologize

Recently, I posted about a search term which made me smile. I did chuckle that morning, but I have been thinking about it and realized that sometimes we all have questions that we are afraid to ask so we resort to the internet or intranet or what have you... It helps us feel like we save face in that age old "stupid question" dilemma.

Now, I don't think it was a stupid question, merely unusual. A new mom may be really worried about this and may not have the life experience that can allow her to just answer it for herself. I know nothing of the circumstance that prompted that question and well, really it was none of my business.

Dear new mommy, if you saw that I posted that. I do apologize, I do not want to make your motherhood experience any worse by highlighting something you genuinely wanted to know and looked up. Instead, I should applaud your bravado to even go out and look for an answer.

Now, here is my two cents on the question:
"what happens if husband sucks the nipples when colostrum is leaking?"

Nothing! The husband will get to taste colostrum which is a sweet milky substance. He won't die, he won't get sick. He will have just tasted something that he may have tasted a long time ago. I don't think it is gross, but that may be a matter of opinion.

Dear new mommy (or daddy), I am so sorry!

Now, I interrupt this to post another lovely picture of the Squink!

camera phone 004

2 comments:

D said...

he's Gorgeous!!

May I repeat myself for like the ten thousandth time?
Its really amazing how I "watch" him grow from a glow-worm to a fine-looking toddler!!

Nettie said...

That was very cool of you. And you are gorgeous in that picture too!