Tuesday, February 05, 2008

A very special gift

My husband is not a citizen (yes, he is legally here), in order to open a dialog about American politics I offered him my vote... I would vote his choice.
It was a tough thing for me, I have never missed an election, and in a way I feel like I missed this one... in the end however, he chose a primary candidate I could live with.
I am honored that he took it so seriously, that it was something we talked about and thought about. In some ways, giving him this little thing that he could not yet do, brought us closer together.
I have respected the American right to vote since before my very first election (which was way back in 80's).
I gave him my sticker. I am thrilled he wears it proudly.

3 comments:

Christoph said...

B,

It feels really good to know that my opine was counted indirectly in this election. The most important thing, however, is that we are able to agree to disagree on so many things, and in the end we are on the same "wavelength".

Elan Morgan said...

You're tagged!
http://www.schmutzie.com/2008/02/7-random-andor-weird-things-about-me.html

Anonymous said...

I think that is cool, what I love about this country although it is hard to read that pin ;)