My real favorite fruits is not readily available in the USA and those are:
Tomate de arbol (sweet)
In the US I would have to say it is the nectarine, though I do like blackberries an awful lot.
#2. What is the one spice in your kitchen you use more than any other?
cinnamon and cardamom (well, really I wish I used cardamom more)
#3. Pudding. Instant, stovetop or premade?
My favorite pudding is Instant pistachio pudding.
#4. Share a recipe using potatoes.
As a small child I lived in Spain and I loved Tortilla de Patata.
Here is an approximation of my mothers recipe:
- 2 lbs. of potatoes
- 2 onions
- 6 to 8 eggs
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the onions into about 1/2 inch pieces. Add the pieces to a pan with olive oil and sautee until they turn brown (not burnt).
- Cut up the potatoes while the onions are cooking and add them to the onions in the frying pan.
- Fry over medium heat, stirring rarely, until slightly brown.
- Remove the pan from the heat and drain the oil.
- Beat 6 eggs in a very large bowl, then add the sauteed potatoes and onions. Add more eggs if the mixture is too dry.
- Add more olive oil to the frying pan (preferably large with high sides) and add the mixture. Cook the egg until it sets up. I start first with a high heat and then switch to a low heat.
- Turn the tortilla over so that it browns on both sides. Serve hot or cold