Wednesday, September 08, 2010

RILM

So, I was looking at pictures about the mine in Chile and they had one photo that was a composite of all those who were trapped.

I had much the same reaction when I look at pictures of those who have died over in the middle east fighting what some would call a war, others would call something else...  and in the end it is completely irrelevant because people are dying of things that are out side normal parameters. Granted they did sign up.. as did these miners.

But the faces, when you can see the faces of who is living in a certain situation or the faces of those who have passed away it is just so much more personal.

I think in our day in age... we need to collectively decide on whether we see faces or not, collectively. We (and I should really say I, as I am making a huge assumption) can be put into sensory overload with information that I think in some cases it just doesn't hit home until you see the faces.... by the same token, would I have heard and seen this news this quickly 1000 years ago? Oh, hell no! Is it vital to my country and life... not on a strictly basic level, no...

But when I saw their faces, it became much more personal to me.

And yes, I am in a more than normal emotional state today so maybe this just comes from that... which would be a whole 'nother piece of random minutae from my life.

oh, sigh.

Perhaps it is even about thinking how my husband is far away from me and i won't get to see him for a whole 11 days total and then there are these men who are stuck in the earth who may not get to see their loved ones for months....

Yeah, like I said.. I am emotional.

I better stop now.

I tend to babble.

and babble more so when emotional.



....




hug or kiss the people you love tonight, OK?!?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

IMHO people don't babble enough. That might sometimes cause a forgetting to hug and kiss.