Friday, September 02, 2005

Katrina

It seems like it is mandated that blogs have a post about this situation.
All my friends and loved ones there are accounted for as of ten minutes ago, though they are in shock and seemingly broken in spirit.

I look at the footage and just feel overwhelmed. I am so reminded of the life I had in South America. It is chaos of the nature of a third world country. I hope that there are more shining examples of humanity happening than the horror stories of rape and personal looting... though I have to admit that if I were there and saw any starving children I would loot in a heartbeat, if I were there with Squink, I would loot in a heart beat... it is the harm that they seem to be causing each other that is just so devastating.

I am just so saddened by this situation... in so many ways and on so many levels.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Garry said...

It is a really horrifying situation. Glad to hear that you have managed to account for your friends in the area.

It does seem that the situation is now starting to improve. It's just so sad that it has taken so long.

Nettie said...

I have been encouraged by most of the bloggers that are rallying to support the victims; I just wish I could do more.

D said...

I hope you're doing well, I just got back from Taiwan and noticed you havent been updating.

Take care!