Saturday, March 04, 2006

Those Greeks

My dry cleaner is Greek, actually the whole family works there so I should say my dry cleaner are Greeks...
I have to allow for at least a half hour when I go to drop off and pick up as if Papa Greek Dry Cleaner is there, I get a lesson in life, as related to being Greek.

I have many favorite lessons learned, but among my most favorite are the last two weeks...

Last Saturday I learned about basil... yes, the herb.
It seems that basil is the only plant that could grow and flower where Christ was crucified... the name means kingdom... which makes sense... I mean think of the word basilica...

This week we discussed patriotism. It was interesting as Papa Greek dry cleaner is one of the few people who knew that to have multiple patriotic allegiances while wonderful, could be problematic. We referred to countries with ties as mothers... and the metaphor for the discussion was it is too hard to have more than one mother.

I heart my dry cleaners.

Tags:

4 comments:

D said...

Dear dear Blair, I'm fine :)
I hear Greeks are handsome-looking people!

Anonymous said...

Now I want a dry cleaners'!

Anonymous said...

It's amazing what goes down at the dry cleaners! LOL

Catherine said...

It is people like this this I truly cherish in life.